Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Turning Inward: What's Great About Your Life?

   What's great about my life? I suppose it depends on how you look at it. I have great friends who love me (even if they won't say it), and a boyfriend who does his best not to be driven insane by my eccentricities. I think he succeeds most days. I have kids who behave for the most part and usually don't get too unruly and uncooperative. And I have a mother and a sister that I get along well with, a majority of the time at least, I think... So I guess most of what's great about my life are the people on it.
   I get to stay at home with my family rather then being gone all the time. I've lived in the same house for almost a year now, that's an accomplishment. It'll be a year on my sister's birthday  :)  For the most part, I don't have to worry about how we're gonna get food or how the bills will be paid. I am trying to get somewhere with my poetry and photography, which will be good if it actually works.
   I think part of my problem in trying to find a sufficient answer is the wording of the question itself. "Great" is not a word I use in everyday communication. It's simply not part of my vocabulary on a regular basis. Things are "okay" or "good" even, but I don't remember the last time I referred to something in my own life as "great". I simply don't. So, for now at least, this will have to suffice that what's great about my life are the people (and animals) in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment