Thursday, December 23, 2010

Turning Inward: Priorities (wip)

QUESTION: What are the top five most important priorities in your life right now? Why are they important to you, and what do you need to do to honor them? (these are not in any ranking order, simply the order in which I thought of them while writing)

1. My Kids - They are important because well, they just are. They are the future. Mine and the world's. That just how things are. As for honoring them as a priority, anyone who knows me much knows that most of my time is taken up by them, in one form or another. Between cooking meals and doing laundry, helping with schoolwork and taking to preschool, playing with and doing art projects with them, and whatever else comes up. Kids take a lot of time, but I think that's how it's supposed to be.

2. My Relationship - Trying to make things work with my BF is sometimes more of a struggle than others. I try my hardest to keep things working. As for why, that's easy, because I love him. Some days I wonder why, and other days I wonder if I'm simply guilt-tripping myself into staying out of a sense of obligation. But even on those days I still love him. And he asks me why and I can't tell him. But it's still true. As for honoring that as a priority, I suppose the simplest way is to keep trying, even on those days when I really, really want to just give up and walk away.

3.
4.
5.

No comments:

Post a Comment