Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Seeking God (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

Today's Inspiration:
Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NLT):
Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things.
-----

Today's Prayer:
Help us to know you, Lord, and to witness your unfailing love. Help us to seek your justice and righteousness, Dear God. Help us to bring you delight.
-----

My Story:
I have a hard time remembering to give God the credit when things are working out according to "my" plan. And yet, things going well are a confirmation of my following God's plan, not my own. I need to be more persistent in praising Him and thanking Him for the wonderful circumstances He brings into my life, as I strive to lean on Him and strengthen my understanding of His wonderful grace.
-----

Your Turn:
How often do you find yourself boasting about your own achievements rather than giving God the credit? What are you actively doing to increase your knowledge and understanding of the Lord? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment