Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Guidance And Correction (Jeremiah 10:23-24)

Today's Inspiration:
Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NLT):
I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.
-----

Today's Prayer:
Dear Lord, please help guide me along your path. Remind me to follow the course you set before me, instead of my ego trying to follow its own course. God, gently correct me and lead me the way you would have me go. 
-----

My Story:
Every time I look back over my years spent wandering, I find myself even my grateful for God's gentleness in correcting me. The traps I'd laid for myself through bad choices and sour relationships were always met with an open window or an escape sign that only God have placed there. And He did it over and over again, with no thanks from me. Giving me way more "second chances" than I ever dreamed possible. While I still struggle daily with following His course, I make a point of thanking Him for His gentle nudges and reminders of His unfailing love.
-----

Your Turn:
Have you ever experienced a time when you were grateful for the Lord's merciful and gentle correction? Do you present yourself each day to the path He sets before you or do you struggle to let Him have the reins and lead your course? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment