Saturday, October 14, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Return To God (Ezekiel 11:18-21)

Today's Influence:
Ezekiel 11:18-21 (NLT):
When the people return to their homeland, they will remove every trace of their vile images and detestable idols. I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart, so they will obey my decrees and regulations. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God. But as for those who long for vile images and detestable idols, I will repay them fully for their sins. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!
-----

Today's Prayer:
Lord, help me return to you, my blessed homeland. Show me those images and idols to remove from my life and my heart, dear God. Help give me the strength to overcome their hold on my, for your power alone is enough. Give me singleness of heart and put a new spirit within me. Take away my stony, stubborn heart and give me a tender, responsive heart, so I will obey your decrees and regulations. Let me be your people, as I call on you to be my God.
Help my family to return to you as well, dear Lord. Show them the idols that are taking place in their heart and lives which should be dedicated solely to you. Give them the strength to fight these temptations in your name, and to place you first above all others. Give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. Take away their stony, stubborn hearts and give them tender, responsive hearts, so they will obey your decrees and regulations. Show us how to be your people, as we call you to be our God. 
-----

My Story:
It's been about a year and a half since I started venturing out of the wilderness and back toward God's outstretched arms. I find myself being confronted by the truth of my own idolatry and asking for God's forgiveness on a daily basis. Constantly discovering His merciful blessings within my life helps me to keep focused on His unfailing love.
-----

Your Turn:
Do you have favorite scriptures or prayers that you rely on when you feel the need to re-focus your life on God and His many blessings? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment