Friday, October 13, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Restore Me (Jeremiah 15:19)

Today's Inspiration:
Jeremiah 15:19 (NLT):
If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me. If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman. You must influence them; do not let them influence you!
-----

Today's Prayer:
Dear Lord, help me to return to you. Restore me so that I can serve you God. Help me to speak good words and tear worthless ones from my thoughts before they dare leave my lips, O God. Have me be your spokesman. Lead me to influence others for the sake of your righteousness. and in the name of your most beloved son, Jesus Christ. Do not let those who are lost influence me, dear God - but instead show me the way to influence them on your behalf. To God goes all the glory! Amen!
-----

My Story:
Learning to return to God while raising children is not easy. Trying to teach pre-teens and teens the reason to pray and read the Bible after having spent a decade not touching God's Word doesn't make it any easier. I find myself asking for God's strength and influence daily, so that I can learn to be a better role model and teacher for those whom He has entrusted to my training.
-----

Your Turn:
What are some ways that God has asked you to influence others? Are there things that come to mind for you to better follow His lead and be a spokesman for Him? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment