Thursday, October 12, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Be Merciful (Jeremiah 7:23)

Today's Inspiration:
Jeremiah 7:23 (NLT):
Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything as I say, and all will be well!
----

Today's Prayer:
Dear Lord, help us to stop our evil thoughts and deeds and start treating each other with justice - so that you may be merciful toward us.
-----

My Story:
Justice is a funny thing. We tend to appreciate justice when it works to our benefit, yet we scold it when we fear it's outcome. As I've been trying to focus more on seeking justice, I find myself having to fight my own ideas of what justice is - and what it's not. I continue struggling to obey God in keeping my words under control and refraining from negative thoughts when I'm frustrated.
-----

Your Turn:
What areas of obedience toward God do you struggle with? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment