Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Prayer Time ~ Lead Us To Repent (Ezekiel 33:11, 18-20)

Today's Influence:
Ezekiel 33:11, 18-20 (NLT excerpts):
(11) ...I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?
(18-20) For again I say, when righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and turn to evil, they will die. But if wicked people turn from their wickedness and do what is just and right, they will live... ...I judge each of you according to your deeds.
-----

Today's Prayer:
Lord, your Holy Word says time and time again that if we repent and turn from our sins then you will show us mercy and we will live. That our past sins will be forgotten so long as we repent and do what is just and right. I pray to you now that you help me and those around me to see our wicked ways and to turn from them. Help us to be righteous and do what is just and good according to your laws, not those of man. Help us to show others mercy and forgiveness so they may learn of your grace through our actions toward them. Help keep us from slipping into ignorance, arrogance, and pride - so that we may continue to heed your warnings and follow your commands, acting in ways that honor and please you.
-----

My Story:
We all have problems keeping away from sin, due to our sinful nature since the fall. I find that the more I try to follow God's commands for actions that are just and right, the more I fight that part of me that wants "fairness" rather than "justice". While God demands that the wicked be punished, He also commands us to be the watchmen and warn them of their wicked ways, so they might turn back toward Him. God's Word is full of reminders of His unending pursuit of our hearts. On the days I seek fairness, I find my own pride getting in the way of God's quest to win my souls. How unfortunate that I'm fighting against God and getting in His way!
-----

Your Turn:
Do you find your own quest for fairness blocking the path to justice? How do you heed God's commands for us to help lead the wicked away from their evil ways and back towards God's open arms? Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment