Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Book Review ~ Untangled: Let God Loosen The Knots Of Insecurity In Your Life by Carey Scott

One of my current reading books is Untangled: Let God Loosen the Knots of Insecurity in Your Life by Carey Scott. This book is geared to help women face their personal "knots" in life that make them get hung up on everyone else's standards and thus loose sight of God's vision for them.



So far I've only made it through the first six chapters, out of ten. I definitely recommend this book to any woman who has problems with those pesky "not good enough" feelings that tangle so many of us up. This book makes you think about why you have specific insecurities and how to move past them by measuring your life by God's standards rather than your own. It does a very nice job of combining Bible stories with personal testimonies to help bring the Biblical truths into modern times. Most of the chapters also have Bible verses, a prayer, and questions at the end in order to help you apply the main message.

While this book is directed toward women, I'm going to be reading it to my husband with the hope that he'll gain insight and understanding into why I feel so insecure about certain things in my life: I'm not the perfect hostess, I'm not as pretty or successful as someone else, I compare my worst to everyone else's best, and I'm not the perfect parent I want to be... I also plan on having my daughter read it, so that maybe she can break some of these tangles before they grab a tight hold and bind up her adulthood.

Purchase Links:
     Amazon
     ChristianBook

No comments:

Post a Comment