Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Weekend...

   Last weekend was very very long. I went to St. Louis on Saturday to help a friend move down this way. That was a long trip and I started getting blah by the end of it, but overall it was good. My BF went with me, and we had some interestingly frank discussions on the way up there about things that bug us that we never talk about. Nothing new was really said, but it was still somehow good to get it out in the open air again, at least for me. If you wanna know how he feels about it, you'll have to coerce him into telling you. If that's the case, then please share any acquired results with me.
   My mom watched the kids for us on Saturday, and Saturday evening came very late and B was sick when we got home. My water dragon started getting sick and refused to eat anything. My BF was having difficulty breathing, and KiKi was fussy all night. So Saturday was long.
   On Sunday morning, we lost electricity. It goes out sometimes for no apparent reason. The water dragon was getting worse, and my BF was as well. So we went to town and dropped the kids and water dragon off with my mom, after dropping my BF off at the ER for his breathing difficulties. My mom called the pet shops and found medicine for my water dragon and her BF picked it up while I was at the ER with my BF. Went back to mom's place and managed to pry open the water dragon's mouth and force feed him meds through a syringe. Then back to the hospital to stay with my BF while they ran tests. Xrays, CT scan, blood tests, and whatever else. Their best guess- anxiety attacks. Follow up is to be scheduled with a different dr in a week.
   Got everybody home on Sunday evening. Monday morning, I checked on the lizard and he didn't make it through the night. I spent most of the morning crying, but there's not much else you can do. So, RIP Yugo...
   PS, on Friday I got the news that today is KiKi's last day of school. There were budget cuts at the church, and his classroom lost out. The other kids were old enough to be moved to other classes, but there's nothing they could do with him. It'll be okay, I just haven't decided what else to do with him yet. This is not something that I take lightly...
   ZoKo is currently doing schoolwork, today is her last day of regular work before Christmas break. Tomorrow she is doing schoolwork, but it's mostly relating to Christmas, so not exactly the everyday norm for her. She finished her science book for Abeka 3, starting a Houghton Mifflin 3 book in January. Figure that will help fill in gaps. Plus she loves science, and the new book is mostly reading wiith few worksheets to fill out. That will be very welcome according to her.
   As for today, I'm making homemade lattes and steamers at my mom's place right now, staying warm and cheap. I'm out of spending money and still need to get my BF his Christmas present. I'm hoping the Library gift shop is open on Christmas Eve, when he gets paid. Because that's where his gift is waiting.
   Can't think of much more to say right now. So until later, peace out and catch ya on the flip side...

No comments:

Post a Comment