Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Parties...

   Have I ever mentioned how much I hate parties? As in sincerely, without a doubt, beyond loathing, absolutely repulsed by them, hate parties... Well, I don't know what possessed me to have the idea to have a party for KiKi, or why I've been hoping it goes better than I'm used to expecting parties to go. But I did promise myself I would go through with it, and so I will...
   I have people due in four hours and a house to clean, a cake to make, and a party to plan. This is the first time I've ever dealt with kids other than my own at a party I've done, so I have utterly no idea what I'm doing. I've been excessively antisocial for a while now, and can barely handle being around one or two people at a time. Okay so there should only be about 9 people here aside from my household, but that's still a lot more than I want to deal with at the moment. I'm not in the mood to clean, cook, or entertain.
   I had to tell all this to someone, and you seem as good an audience as any. My BF will be home around 4 to help and the party is set to start at 5. Mom just informed me to expect her arrival around 3. While she's offered to help, I know all I'll hear is exactly how filthy my house is and what poor trash I am. So kinda not in the mood. I don't need the extra ridicule today, I want things to actually go well. Or at least well enough that I don't lose any friends over it, and can have a decent pic or two to post for sentimental value...
   So I'm off here to cook, clean, take care of kids, and prep for something I have no idea how to accomplish. I'll let you know how it goes in the end. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment