Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yesterday was... Yesterday

   Yesterday started off slow and long and rough. B took 40 minutes in the shower, so Odie had to wait for one until after school. Odie lied about having his things ready for school, which resulted in a last minute scramble to make sure he made it to the bus on time...
   I went with ZoKo and KiKi to town to hang out with my mom. While there, we went for a walk and I ran into an ex boyfriend. We were crossing the street and he hollered at me from the pick up I was walking in front of. Chatted for a few minutes, rather frustratingly to the vehicles behind him. Oh well...
   After we got back to mom's house, we made the trip to the bank that has been getting put off since my wedding. I still have to do the official name change on my account there. They had four desks going, all of which were occupied and one guy was in line in front of us. Well, ZoKo was doing a great job keeping KiKi occupied and giggly for the almost twenty minutes that we were waiting, without even one desk clearing up... Then the inevitable happened. Or at least, the inevitable when you've put off something way too long already and have a crammed schedule: kids... KiKi stumbled and hit his head on the corner of an end table. I managed to get him out to the car without too much of a catastrophe, and wiped the blood off his face. He just got a small cut above his eyebrow. You know how the smallest cuts bleed the worst. Yeah. Anyway, as soon as the car started moving, he was giggly again. He still hasn't noticed the cut. That's one thing that really bugs me a lot, is that he doesn't process that stuff the same way as most people, which scares me more because it means he can do secondary damage without noticing it at all...
   We headed home shortly after that. And the plan was that when Mutt got home from work, I'd drive up to our local bank instead, and get the paperwork filed there. Then he texted to say he was working late. So yeah...
   The kids got home from school, Odie got his shower, and B was playing around trying to get out of doing her work. We finally got them semi on track, when it was time for them to leave to go to their mom's house for the weekend...
   After Mutt got home, we relaxed for a bit then went to town and picked up my mom to try out a new coffee shop. Got there just to find they serve alcohol (which isn't posted on their website), and so we went to a different one instead. After that, we decided to go for a drive. In doing so, we passed a coffee shop I'd been waiting on to open for business, and the billboard said they were open now. Mutt knew, he'd just forgotten to tell me. Gee, thanks. So we stopped in there, and I got an almond-milk latte. Very inexpensive compared to their competition around here, locally owned, and the best latte I've had aside from a small hole in the wall in Boulder, Colorado...
   After I got that latte, we took off for a drive. Just out on the roads, see where life takes you, that sort of ride... Well, on the way back into town, leaving Willard, I got pulled over by a cop. I've been driving for 8-9 years and this is the first time I've ever been pulled over. For anything. Turns out the car's tail light was out again. The one we replaced less than a month ago... So I survived that ordeal and headed off again. Still had to go to Springfield to hit Walmart for a new bulb, so our planned route wasn't altered at all, just a stop added on the way to mom's. Less than 10 miles later, I was pulled over a second time, by a Springfield cop. Same reason - bum tail light. After that, I made my Mutt drive. So yes, I was officially pulled over for the first and second time ever after 8-9 years on the road, within 10 miles of each other, in two different cities... Top that! Seriously though, I'm still pretty shaken up about the whole ordeal. I'm just glad everyone else was with me in the car, because otherwise I would have been more paniced and crying more than I already was...

Well, that was all yesterday. I got home late, after midnight, or around it anyway. I don't remember. I stayed up for a few more hours, and eventually went to bed. Didn't sleep hardly at all, and spent all day today trying not to pass out and in a horrible mental fog. I'm finally starting to feel more "me", at 930 pm. Took it long enough. I didn't get ZoKo's school stuff from last week typed up, and I didn't go on the date that Mutt and I have been planning all week. Instead, I stayed on the couch, passed out on Mutt's lap a few times, and tried hard not to think about life, which of course only makes the situation worse. So yeah, that was my weekend so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment